1. A helpful, courteous staff
2. Programs for adults and children o Newsletter
3. Summer reading programs
Every summer the library offers a free summer reading program for adults and children. This program encourages reading during the students long summer break and offers all ages the chance to attend great programming and win prizes. There is a different theme every year and the program is open to all ages. Be sure to ask about this year’s program!
4. Phone and walk-in reference helpThe Reference Desk is staffed with Librarians and Reference Assistants during open hours to help you with your information needs. If you are looking for a book, magazine, DVD, music CD, or just need to know where to start, stop by and ask for assistance. The Reference Desk can also place items on hold, help find research material, assist in downloading library eBooks, or help with general questions about your electronic device. The Reference Desk has access to multiple online databases and other materials to assist you with your information and research needs.
Contact the Reference Desk using any of the folowing:
o Come in-person to the Alpha Park Public Library Reference Desk
o Telephone the Library at (309) 697-3822 x13
o Mail your question to Alpha Park Public Library at 3527 S. Airport Rd, Bartonville, IL 61607
o eMail your questions to email@example.com
5. Interlibrary loan serviceIf a book or other item you wish to check out is unavailable at our library, we can place a hold and borrow it from another library using our Interlibrary Loan Service. We will request to borrow the item and if the request is granted, we will notify you by phone when it is ready to pick up. You may place items on hold at the Reference Desk in person, by phone (309) 697-3822 x13, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge to the patron for this service, however you must be an Alpha Park Public Library card holder.
6. Notary public and Voter registrationWe generally have a staff Notary and a Voter Registrar on duty between the hours of 9:00 a.m . - 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, but please call first to make sure a staff member is on duty before you arrive (309) 697-3822. For a Notary Public, you’ll want to bring your unsigned document along with a form of ID. To Register to Vote, you’ll want to bring 2 forms of ID with one showing your current address.
7. Internet computersThe library has 9 internet computers available for public use. Access to the World Wide Web, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), and resume writing software is available on some public computers. Computer & Internet Policy
8. Free wireless network (Wi-Fi)
Bring your electronic device and connect to our Wi-Fi easily and free of charge. Wi-Fi is available anywhere inside the library building.
9. Fax and Photocopy machinesWe offer two self-service black & white photo copiers for patrons to use at 15 cents a copy. We can also make color copies for you in the office at 30 cents a print.
Faxes may be sent by the staff at the Check-Out Desk for $1 per page up to 25 pages in one day.
10. Microfilm (fiche) reader/printerA Microfilm reader is available for use anytime during library hours. The library currently offers some back issues of the Limestone News and the Glasford Gazette on microfilm.
11. Talking Books, walker, wheelchair and fully accessible building for special needs patronsThe library offers a walker and a wheelchair for any patron to use while inside the library. We are also able to register qualified patrons for the free Talking Book service through the Center for the Blind. For more information on this program, please contact the Reference Desk at (309) 697-3822 x13.
12. Public meeting roomsYou may reserve the use of any of our three large meeting rooms. Contact (309)697-3822 ext. 15 for the Meeting Room Policy brochure and application form or to reserve a meeting room. You may also view and print the meeting room policy from the following link -. [Meeting Room Policy and Application].
The Library also offers three small study rooms, that may also be reserved for small meetings (4 people or less). Contact the Reference Desk for details at (309) 697-3822 x13.