Want to Join a Book Club?
Join a Book Club at the Library!
We love a good book club almost as much as we love a good book! Join the APL Book & Tea Society for treats and discussion of a cozy mystery once a month on Thursdays. We also host a monthly Youth Book Club for readers ages 8-13 on Mondays. Crazy about anime? Talk about manga and anime at our Anime Club for kids ages 11-16 on the first and third Wednesdays a month. For teens, we will be starting a YA Book Club in January 2024!
Visit our online calendar for dates and registration.
Looking to Start Your Own Book Club?
1. Great Resources to Get Started
- BookBrowse Getting started, moderating meetings, difficult meetings, choosing books, and more
- LitLovers Book Club Ideas-Recommendations-1500 LitLovers' Book Discussion Guides-Book Reviews
- Random House Reader's Circle where readers can chat with fellow book lovers, find authors on tour, find book discussion questions, and more
- Reading Group Guides Starting, running, and choosing books for a reading group
- Reading Group Choices Tips on getting started and making your group more lively
- Movie Tie-in Books Hollywood has a long history of drawing on great books for films; coupling books with their films makes for lively discussions
2. Book Publisher Guides
4. FIND That Book!
Given advance notice, the library may be able to interlibrary loan your book club selections. Contact the Reference Desk at 309-697-3822 x13 or stop by during library hours to place a hold on the book(s). You could also place holds through our online card catalog.