How do I....
More Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the library's hours?Mon-Thurs. 9 - 9
Friday 9 - 6
Saturday 9 - 5
2. Do I live in Alpha Park Library's district?Please click on the link to the map of the District of Alpha Park Public Library. If you have any further questions please contact us at 697-3822. [Map]
3. How long can I keep materials that I have checked out?Rental books and Rental DVDs - 1 week
eBooks - Up to 21 days
Books on CD - 3 weeks
All other books - 3 weeks
Playaways - 3 weeks
Magazines - 1 week
CD-ROMs - 1 week
Music CDs - 3 weeks
Videos on DVD and Blu-Ray - 2 weeks
Toys and Games - 3 weeks
4. How much do you charge for items that are returned late?
- 50 cents per day for movies, toys, and certain interlibrary loan items, with a maximum fine of $10.00 for interlibrary loan materials received from outside the immediate region.
- The library may elect to use the services of a collection agency to retrieve long overdue materials, and establish a fee per patron account to cover the cost of collection agency transactions. The fee per account (not per overdue item) is $10.00.
5. What if I lose library books or other items, or they are damaged?For lost items, for which a current retail value is available, the retail value will be charged. Older items may be assigned a standardized value (typically $25.00). For items priced under $5.00, the standard amount is $5.00. If patrons lose materials, pay for them, and then find them, the library will provide the patron a refund, less a $3.00 service charge. Damaged items may be handled on an individual basis. If a damaged book or other item is unusable, the complete cost of replacement must be paid by the patron.
6. How much are any additional fees at the library?All fees @ the Alpha Park Public Library
7. Can I get a text notification?Yes. With the Library's new Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to...
- Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines.
- Send a text to renew a loan. If the item is eligible for renewal, it will renew. If the item is not eligible for renewal, it will fail. Either result will be reported by text message. [Text messaging information flyer]
8. How do I get an email notification?Stop by the Check-Out desk, use the online library account, or email us at email@example.com to add your email to your library account. You’ll receive notices when your books are coming due, when your holds are available, and when your card is about to expire.
9. Can I borrow materials from another library?Yes. You can do this online by signing in to the library’s website at and then click on the “Library Catalog” link. Sign in with your library card number and PIN. Search for an item and then click the “HOLD” button. Or, You can contact the Information Desk at (309) 697-3822 x13 and we’d be happy to place the hold for you.
10. Does the library have a Facebook account?Yes. [Facebook FAQ]
Like our Facebook page at
11. Can I suggest a purchase?Yes. You may suggest a purchase in person at the Information Desk. You may call the Information Desk at 697-3822, ext. 13, or e-mail Information staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless a requested item’s cost is very high, or is not a “fit” with Alpha Park’s collection—if it’s appropriate for a college library, for example—we will honor almost all requests for purchase.
12. Can I place a hold on an item?Yes.You can do this online by signing in to the library’s website at and then click on the “Library Catalog” link. Sign in with your library card number and PIN. Search for an item and then click the “HOLD” button. Or, You can contact the Information Desk at (309) 697-3822 x13 and we’d be happy to place the hold for you.
10 cents per day, up to a maximum of $4.00 per item
13. Does the library have any resources for Small Businesses?
Yes. The library has received a Small Business Grant to assist local small businesses and entrepreneurs. This grant allows small business owners to check-out equipment and materials that may help their business succeed. This grant also includes those individuals who are considering starting a small business. [Small Business Resources]
14. Do you have an employment application online that I can print out?
15. Are there volunteer opportunities at the library?
16. How do I make a donation?
If you would like to make a donation, please contact the Director or any of the Librarians at 697-3822 ext.13. We appreciate your thinking of us and for your continued support!
17. Can you notarize a document?Yes. We generally have a staff notary on duty between the hours of 9:00 a.m . - 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, but please call first to make sure a staff member is on duty before you arrive (309) 697-3822. You’ll want to bring your unsigned document along with a form of ID.